Monday, November 16, 2015

drawing others in & being faithful

Kim,
     I understand Sophie's inclination to be like you when she grows up, b/c I feel the same way! Sure, I'm not far behind you, but I so admire the way you give of yourself faithfully, day in and day out. You have the gift of evangelism, always thinking of ways to draw others in, and you have backbone behind it - you are faithful in service year in and year out, faithful to those that you draw in. This has been beautiful to watch, to learn from. Each part of your life reflects this drawing in and being faithful: what you do with your time (service - oh so many examples come to mind!), your finances (flying to see your sponsored child! beautiful gifts for your nieces!), your home (renovating it so beautifully so you can love others well within it, both those that live with you and those who find comfort in your inviting space), your all.

Thank you for being such an example to all of us women who are a walking in your footsteps, a few years behind you. I pray that the next 50 years will be just as fruitful, just as rich, as the first 50.

Psalm 1:3 comes to mind when I think of you: "(S)he is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that (s)he does, (s)he prospers."

With much admiration on your birthday,
Ruthie

1 comment:

  1. Ok, Ruthie, you're making ME cry reading this beautifully written tribute to my beloved sister! Thank you, friend! You bless me and others so much!

    ReplyDelete