Sunday, November 22, 2015

From Phila

After 9/11 my wonderful mail lady told me she had been so worried about the 2 flight attendants on her route.  I had never met Kim at that time but a few months later flew a trip with her and we realized that we shared Barbara, the same mail lady.  I also had shared with Kim that I was looking for a new church home - one that sang some of the old hymns.  Kim invited me to visit Grace with her one Sunday.  I loved her Sunday School class and was amazed that morning in church when we sang “This is My Father’s World” - an old favorite of mine.   Needless to say, I’ve been at Grace ever since.

I loved flying with Kim - her energy, sparkle and kindness to our passengers made our flights memorable for our passengers, of course, but also the entire flight crew.  I count it a privilege to be one of Kim’s multitude of friends.  (By the way, Kim, Barbara just retired a month ago and we plan to keep in touch!)
Happy Birthday -
With Love,
Phila

No comments:

Post a Comment