Thursday, November 5, 2015

Thankful for you!

Dear Kim,

Happy Birthday! I hope that today you feel encouraged as you look back at God’s faithfulness in your life. God’s good work in your heart has certainly been evident to all around you, and I wanted to take this opportunity to mention one way in particular that you have blessed me, encouraged me, and been an example to me over the years.

There are many things I appreciate about you, but what I’ve always admired about you is your servant heartedness towards others. I’ve especially been impressed with your dedication to bringing others to church, especially those who don’t know Jesus. You were always organizing rides, rearranging your schedule, and generally going out of your way to include people that I think probably wouldn’t have otherwise come to church. Your consistent love and service to them drew them into our church family and I’m sure ministered to them, but also ministered to me as it convicted me of the need to not just reach out, but to do so with a sacrificial service that would draw people to Christ and his Church. That is what I saw you doing week in and week out and it is something I greatly admire about you.

I’ve loved growing with you through Grace group over the years. One thing that sticks out in my mind is that over and over again I’ve seen you choose obedience to God over your own desires and comfort, even at great cost to yourself. You’ve put your hopes and dreams in the hands of our savior, and it has been a tremendous blessing to me to see God reward you, sustain you, and provide for you as you have remained faithful to him. Thank you for your example of trusting Him, and for letting others in on your faith journey.


Love to you, Kim! I so appreciate you, and hope that you have a wonderful birthday! I am certainly glad to celebrate you!

Love, 
Karisa (for Arvind, Kiran, and Akshay, too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment