Friday, November 13, 2015

From Duke

I cry Abba Abba to the Lord God Father of us all. I come to Him with the belief of a child and trust of a child and I say Praise to the Lord because He sent me Kim Weirich.

I met Kim June 2004 when my wife had just passed away. Because of my blindness I had sold the house and was ready to move in with my sister-in-law who was a neighbor of Kim.  One of the first days in my new home Kim came over and invited me  to spend time with  the Lord. She put her arm on my shoulder and took me to Grace EVFree Church. Wonderful things happened to me that day, as it was the first time in my life I felt  the joy of living with the Lord.   I have attended Grace EVFree Church regularly for 11years plus.  I have joined a grace group to talk about the Lord. I was baptized at the age of 83 and Kim  spoke at my baptism on my behalf.  I have enjoyed her friendship and companionship many, many times.  She has read books to me and when I  get off the Dial a Ride bus she comes out to greet me and helps me to the door. All of these wonderful things she has done for me. The only way I could be a help to Kim was to take the trash barrels out.   In all my 91 years I have never had a friend as near and dear as Kim.  To me she will always be at her 29th Birthday. Congratulations. She is my angel.
Love you, Duker.

No comments:

Post a Comment