Monday, November 23, 2015

From Paige

Happy 50th Birthday, Beautiful! Kim, I can't believe we are entering our 50s. Do you remember meeting us at O'Hare airport and we took a picture of you and my dad November 24th, 1990? He was 50 then. 50 seemed a long ways away to me back then, now you're 50 and I'll be 50 next year. Wow!! You probably still feel like you're in your twenties. You certainly look it. Kim, we have so many precious memories and I have often regretted that there have always been so many miles between us. Whenever we got together as families, there was always fun, laughter, happy confusion, and chaos. But then what do you expect when 11 people get together? Remember all the Disneyland trips, Magic Mountain, Mount Hermon, all having chores when we lived with you during our summer furloughs, wall to wall people, the tree house in your backyard, your beds suspended from the ceilings? Remember our camping trips in Europe? Remember coming to see us in Cambridge, and we had four little ones running around? Kim, there are so many happy memories which have created lasting bonds. I have always admired you for who you are. I respect your walk with the Lord and the joy that you have. It was great reconnecting this summer after so many years and I am so grateful for FB because I feel I do have a tiny glimpse into your world, even though we don't see each other on a regular basis. My prayer for you, dear Kim, is that you will continue to become all that you were intended to be when you were formed in your mother's womb. The wonderful work God has started in your life, He will finish. You are His beautiful work of art, and He has placed you where you are to bear fruit for His honour and glory. You already have, and I know you will continue to do so as you touch lives around you with His love, joy, and peace. Kim, there is such a depth and quality to you as a person, which I know has touched many lives. Your appetite for fun is so infectious, and I know it brings delight to your Father. Kim, enjoy your special day tomorrow and walk in all that the Father has for you this year. You're a star shining brightly where you are. Love you, girl. Love, Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment